Home Sweet Home --December 29, 2007
Getting "Clementine" off of the trailer once we got home to Austin was tricky, but not as tricky as digging her out of her garage. I ended up jacking the rear end up and pulling the drums off, but only after coating both rear drums in WD-40. Turns out the right rear was the culprit. It seems that when the emergency brake was applied in 86, the right rear brake decided it was going to do its damdest to stay locked. Nothing half a can of WD-40 and a mallet and a crow bar couldn't fix.
The next step is to determine what its going to take to get this old girl running again. But first, a thorough cleaning is in order.
Leave a Reply.